Thursday, July 9, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW: The Burrowers

I had never heard of The Burrowers until I saw a preview for it on another horror flick I rented. I'm not a big fan of westerns but the preview was just so creepy I thought I would give it a try.

The Burrowers is about a family that goes missing, prompting a group of men to go in search of them, thinking that the local Indians kidnapped them.

Since I'm not into westerns I was hoping that this movie would be about 3/4 horror and 1/2 western, but sadly it was the other way around. I'm sure that fans of both horror and westerns would enjoy it.

It takes awhile for the horror portion to begin. And even after it does it seems like it's mostly about cowboys fighting Indians.

But the monsters are unlike any I've ever seen in a horror movie and look very creepy. And all the horror scenes were pretty scary.

If you like both horror and westerns then I would definitely recommend it. But if you're like me and can't stand westerns...well the monsters are pretty creepy so it might be worth a rental.

Rating: 3/5

No comments: