Wednesday, December 16, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW: Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2

Yesterday, I reviewed Silent Night, Deadly Night and I mentioned how I had seen this sequel before it, which is mostly comprised of clips from the first film. I didn't mind the first time I watched it because I had yet to watch the original, but when you watch them back to back it's pretty irritating. But that just seems to add to the fact that this may be one of the best bad movies I've ever seen.

Ricky (little brother of Billy from the first film) is being interviewed by his new psychiatrist on Christmas Eve. He tells him the story of how his brother went crazy and how witnessing his parents being killed by Santa drove him mad as well, even though he was just a baby when it happened (when "Doc" questions how he remembers this, Ricky replies, "Because. I was there."). And of course Ricky escapes from the mental hospital to punish the naughty.

Everything about Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 is horrible: the plot, the acting, the dialogue, etc. And that is what makes it one of the best horror films I have ever seen.

Eric Freeman (Ricky) is possibly the worst (therefore best) actor ever. He raises his eyebrows every time he utters a word and has the craziest, funniest facial expressions.

The dialogue is hilarious, just look at these gems:

"You tend to get paranoid when everyone around you gets dead."

"What do you dream about, Ricky?"
"I. Don't. Sleep."

"You are being very very naughty."
"Naughty this!"

And of course there's the infamous "Garbage Day!" scene.

All the death scenes from the first film are featured, so you can pretty much just skip that one, unless you want to see the hilarious montage which I posted in yesterday's review. Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 is hilarious and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves cheesy 80's horror movies. Sometimes the bad movies are better than the good movies.

Rating: 5/5

Garbage Daaaay!

No comments: