Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Leisure Horror Book Club

For part of my Christmas present, my boyfriend signed me up for the Leisure Horror Book Club. I just got my books in the mail today. It took awhile to get here - five weeks - because I live in Canada.

For my first book club selections, I received Jake's Wake by John Skipp and Cody Goodfellow, and Black Cathedral by L.H. Maynard and M.P.N. Sims.

If you're interested in joining the club, you get your first two books for free and then it's $10.50 a month. You can send back any unwanted books and get a refund.

Book club members also get a few perks. As a member, you get a discount on other leisure books. And with my books I was sent an ordering form featuring a list of books that were only $1.00 plus shipping.

I posted a list of Leisure's 2009 horror schedule last month, but I just updated it and added months September - November. September will be Flesh by Richard Laymon and Wolf's Gambit by W. D. Gagliani. October will be Feeding Ground by Sarah Pinborough and
Depraved by Bryan Smith. And November will be an Edward Lee book which is currently untitled and The 13th by John Everson.

I can't wait to get my next books! This was a great present...a good idea for a gift if you know someone who loves horror.

No comments: