Sunday, October 14, 2012

Read-a-Thon Wrap-Up

I was reading Seed by Ania Ahlborn but I could barely keep my eyes open so I switched to a graphic novel, Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill. This was the first graphic novel I've read and I really enjoyed it.

I did it! I made it to the end of the Read-a-Thon! Well, sort of. I did fall asleep for about three hours at the beginning, but that's close enough for me. Now I'm going to get some sleep. Good night!

Total pages read: 722

End of Event Meme

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? The beginning of the Read-a-Thon because I felt sick. I didn't think I could do it because I felt so lousy. I probably wouldn't have if I hadn't fallen asleep on the couch for a few hours. It was tough when my boyfriend went to bed at 3:00 a.m. as well because I just wanted to go to sleep too.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I highly recommend Die, You Bastard! Die! by Jan Kozlowski. It read like a movie - suspenseful and action-packed.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope. I thought everything was great!
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I loved the Mini Challenges. They were so much fun! A nice break from reading.
  5. How many books did you read? 4 and 1/4
  6. What were the names of the books you read? The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury, Die, You Bastard! Die! by Jan Kozlowski, The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker, Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill and part of Seed by Ania Ahlborn.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? Die, You Bastard! Die! by Jan Kozlowski
  8. Which did you enjoy least? Seed by Ania Ahlborn (Well I didn't finish it but it's only starting to pick up now and I'm 30% into it.)
  9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I'm definitely going to participate again! I'm already counting the days. I would be a reader again.

1 comment:

Louise said...

Well done on making it through the readathon. 4 and 1/4 books in 24 (well, 21) hours is amazing and it's really cool that you're going to take part again.

Have a great sleep to recover.

#cheerSweetarts