Sunday, October 14, 2012

Read-a-Thon Update #3

I just finished reading The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker. Wow, Clive Barker has a crazy imagination. This book is so gruesome and original. I've never seen the first Hellraiser film (shocking, I know), so I can't say how the book compares.

I'm getting pretty tired at this point. My boyfriend went to bed half an hour ago and I really wanted to go to sleep too. I think I'll have a coffee when I'm done with this post.

Books read so far: 3

Total pages read: 490

Snacks consumed: I made a quick trip to the store to get a few more snacks. I got spinach dip and pumpernickel bread (I ate this during the last Read-a-Thon so I thought I would get it again) and Dr. Pepper.

Book Sentence Challenge

For this challenge, you're supposed to make a sentence from book titles. Here's what I came up with:

Beware Blood Crazy Dead Souls In Silent Graves

4 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I seriously love your blog header! Also, great sentence!

Fear Street said...

Clive Barker is awesome. Hellraiser is a pretty decent movie, but you can't beat The Hellbound Heart.

I love your Read-a-Thon posts!

Melissa Helwig said...

Thanks Kate!

Fear Street - I just read Clive Barker for the first time earlier this year when I read Books of Blood. I want to read more of his books.

I've seen a couple of the Hellraiser sequels (they were pretty bad) but not the first one. I'm going to have to watch it and see how it compares with the book.

And I'm glad you're enjoying my Read-a-Thon posts. :)

Book_Hollow said...

I read Books of Blood Vol. 1 not long ago and loved it. I haven't read Hellbound Heart yet. It's definitely going on my 'To Buy' list.