Sunday, April 28, 2013

Dewey's Read-a-Thon Update #2

I've been so focused on reading and struggling to stay awake that I forgot to post about my progress. Well I'm still up...barely...my eyes keep trying to close. I'm using the text-to-speech function on my Kindle so that I don't really have to read. I'm trying to read along though because the robotic voice pronounces some words incorrectly and it makes the book a bit hard to understand (for example, "yeah" is pronounced as "yay!")

I finished reading The Hollow Skull by Christopher Pike and thought it was OK. The plot was a bit like his book Monster, only not nearly as good. It's about four teenagers who go down into an abandoned mine shaft. One falls into a pool of black liquid and starts acting strangely afterward, then the whole town starts acting strangely. I didn't care for the ending. The explanation behind why everyone was turning into a pod person was too out there for me.

I'm currently reading Video Night by Adam Cesare and am halfway through it. But I'm getting so tired I don't know how much longer I can last.

Total pages read: 558

Books finished: The Blondes (well the last 80 pages), Baxter, The Hollow Skull

Snacks consumed: A coffee with Cinnabon International Delight, more spinach dip

No comments: