Monday, January 31, 2011

Women in Horror Recognition Month 2011

Tomorrow is February 1st, which means that Women in Horror Recognition Month begins. Created by Hannah Neurotica, the editor of Ax Wound Zine, WIH Month is to celebrate women in the horror industry.

Since I'm an avid reader and more fond of horror fiction than horror films, last year for WIH Month, I reviewed horror novels by women authors. I also wanted to do something involving women in horror literature this year, so I've decided to do a series of interviews with female horror writers and editors.

When people think of women horror authors they tend to think of Shirley Jackson, Mary Shelley or Anne Rice. But there are so many other great female horror writers. Hopefully these interviews will show there are several women in the horror field and introduce you to a few authors/editors you've never heard of. I have several interviews lined up, so stay tuned!

No comments: