Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey's Read-a-Thon Update #1

So far, I haven't gotten much reading done because my boyfriend has been a huge distraction and I'm pretty annoyed with him. I forgive him though, because he made a delicious dinner. He made thanksgiving calzones, which are basically thanksgiving leftovers inside a calzone with gravy to dip it in. My boyfriend just went out for a while, so I should be able to get more reading done now.

I've only finished one book, Nightmares! by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller. I loved it. I thought I probably would because I love Jason Segel. A boy enters the Netherworld - a place where nightmares live - to face his fears. Really awesome book, I definitely recommend it. I can't wait to read the sequel next year!

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
I just finished Nightmares! by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller. Next I'm going to read Psycho...or I Am Legend...or The Haunting of Hill House - I haven't really decided yet.
2. How many books have you read so far?
Just one.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Umm...it's hard to choose. I'm looking forward to reading all of them! Maybe Full Dark, No Stars because I just noticed that the movie Big Driver is recording on my DVR as I type this and I really want to watch it tomorrow, but I need to read the book first.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Yes! My boyfriend is on vacation this week and is spending it at home, so he's been talking to me all day and watching things on TV that he knows I want to see so I ended up trying to read and watch TV at the same time, which didn't work at all.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
That I've only read one book so far. I really need to stop getting distracted so easily.

Mmm...thanksgiving calzones

1 comment:

Katja said...

Hi there,
It’s the 21th hour and I’m still cheering on YOU. You can do this, we’re almost through another
#Dewey #readathon #rahrahreadathon #TeamButler