Saturday, January 27, 2018

24 in 48 Readathon

This weekend is the 24 in 48 Readathon! The idea is to read for 24 hours over the course of the weekend, starting at midnight last night (I was in bed by 10:30, so I didn't get started yet). I plan on reading 12 hours today and 12 hours tomorrow.

What I plan on reading (most of these are on my Kindle):

That's my cat, Betty, photobombing
  1. Someone at the Door by Richie Tankersley Cusick 
  2. Truth or Dare by R.L. Stine 
  3. The Snowman by R.L. Stine
  4. Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer
  5. Ladies' Night by Jack Ketchum
  6. Chills by Mary SanGiovanni
  7. Those Who Follow by Michelle Garza and Melissa Lason 
  8. Woman in White by Kristin Dearborn
  9. Saving Grace Devine by Catherine Cavendish
  10. I Wish I Was Like You by S.P. Miskowski
Snacks I plan on eating:


  • Spinach dip with pumpernickel bread
  • Sweet Marie Bars
  • Assorted T-discs
  • Starbucks Doubleshot Coffee Energy Drink
Challenge: What's the oldest children's book you have, or a book you've held onto since your childhood?


I don't have a lot of books from my childhood because I mostly just checked out books from the library and didn't own many, plus the ones I did own I lost in a house fire last year. But I brought this box set of Emily of New Moon books by L.M. Montgomery back with me from my a visit at my childhood home a few years ago with the intention of re-reading them (I haven't yet). I remember buying this box set at Chapters on a shopping trip to the city with my grandma (I grew up in the middle of nowhere). I was about 11-years-old and I was obsessed with the Emily of New Moon TV series on CBC and I wanted to read the books that the show was based on. I remember loving the books even more than the TV show. 

No comments: