Sunday, January 28, 2018

24 in 48 Update #2

I'm still reading, I've read for 16 hours 45 minutes, so far. Since my last post I've finished two books, Woman in White by Kristin Dearborn and Those Who Follow by Michelle Garza and Melissa Lason. Both are creepy, engrossing reads and I recommend both of them.

I love horror books with a winter setting, so I knew I would love Woman in White. It's about mysterious disappearances that leave a lot of blood and no bodies in the small Maine town of Rocky Rhodes.

I enjoyed Michelle Garza and Melissa Lason's first book, Mayan Blue, so I was really looking forward to reading Those Who Follow and it didn't disappoint. It's about a man who can
travel from our world to another and leads a double life - in our world, he's your average guy and in the other he's a sadistic monster who tortures and kills.

Challenge: the first book on your shelves and the last book on your shelves.

This battered copy of Off Season
by Jack Ketchum is the first book
on my shelves because Jack Ketchum is my
favourite writer so I shelved all his
books at the top. 
Dope by Sara Gran is the last book on my
shelves because it's on my non-horror shelf,
the last (and smallest) of my shelves. 

No comments: