Sunday, October 22, 2017

Dewey's Readathon Update

I'm struggling to stay awake right now. I've started to doze off a few times and I'm not sure how much longer I can make it. I'm drinking an iced coffee right now so hopefully that will help.

Since my last post, I've finished reading Halloween Night and Halloween Night II by R.L. Stine. I don't know if it's because they're intended for a younger audience, but I found them very predictable - I figured out who the villain was before the end of the first chapter. I've read lots of other YA novels that weren't remotely as predictable and I feel like even a 12-year-old would figure out the identity of the killer immediately. I also hated the self-centred main character, Brenda. In both books, she complains about her cousin stealing her boyfriend, then goes on to say that both her boyfriends dated one of her best friends a few months before she started seeing them. Then she makes her friends listen to her cry about her cousin "stealing" them away from her. And she wonders why someone would want to play pranks on her!

1 comment:

Ice Cream Recipes said...

Thank you for sharingg this