Saturday, April 29, 2017

Dewey's Readathon

Once again it's time for Dewey's Readathon, an event I look forward to participating in twice a year. I'm going to try to read the full 24 hours, but I have a bad cough that kept me up last night so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it.  

Books I plan on reading:


1. Elizabeth by Jessica Hamilton
2. The Cellar by Richard Laymon
3. Keeper of the Children by William H. Hallahan
4. The Immortal by Christopher Pike
5. The Secret Loves of Geek Girls edited by Hope Nicholson 

On my Kindle:

6. Exorcist Road by Jonathan Janz
7. Dream Woods by Patrick Lacey
8. Chasing Ghosts by Glenn Rolfe
9. The Con Season by Adam Cesare

On my iPad: 

10. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Vol. 1: The Crucible by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa

Snacks I will be consuming:


- Spinach dip with pumpernickel bread
- Bagels
- S'mores Goldfish
- Big Foot gummies
- Reese's Pieces eggs
- Jello strawberry cheesecake pudding
- Iced coffee
- Chai tea

Opening Survey

1. What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Oakville, Ontario, Canada

2. Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

The Immortal by Christopher Pike because it's been on my shelf since I was about 12 and it's one of the few Christopher Pike books I haven't read. 

3. Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Reese's Pieces eggs - I bought them right after Easter and I've been saving them for today (and having candy in the house and not eating it is really hard for me).

4. Tell us a little something about yourself!

This year I've been trying to read only books I own in physical form (because I have a ridiculous amount), so I tried to choose books for today from my bookshelves. But there are just so many books I want to read on my Kindle that I ended up adding a few to the list.

5. If you participated in the last readathon, what's the one thing you'll do differently today? 

I want to read more than I did last time. 

No comments: