Saturday, October 22, 2016

Dewey's Readathon Update #1


We're just after the halfway point and I've only read two books so far: Trick or Treat by Richie Tankersley Cusick and Allhallow's Eve by Richard Laymon.

I didn't enjoy Trick or Treat much because I thought it had too many horror cliches, but it is a young adult novel and intended for younger audience, so maybe I'm being too hard on it.

Allhallow's Eve was a bit of a disappointment. Although it's not terrible, it's nowhere near as suspenseful as other Richard Laymon books I've read.

Mid-Event Survey

1. What book are you reading right now?

I just finished Allhallow's Eve by Richard Laymon and I'm going to read The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane by Laird Koenig next.

2. How many books have you read so far?

Two

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the readathon?

Trick 'r Treat: Days of the Dead by Michael Dougherty - since it's a graphic novel, I'm saving it for when I'm too tired to read.

4. Have you have many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Not really, my boyfriend was at work for most of the day and usually he's my biggest distraction.

5. What surprises you most about the readathon, so far? 

How fast the time is going. I can't believe it's already 9:00!

The delicious dinner my boyfriend ordered: a panzerotti and a Dr. Pepper

No comments: