Saturday, October 17, 2015

Dewey's Read-a-Thon Update #1

Wow, I've made it halfway through the read-a-thon and have only managed to finish reading one book. My boyfriend has the day off and has been very distracting. I think I wasted at least one hour reading the same sentence over and over while he talked and watched TV. I ended up reading in bed to get away from him and fell asleep for about a half hour, which was counterproductive.

I finished reading The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson. It was pretty good, but a bit dated.

Mid-Event Survey:

 1. What are you reading right now?

I just finished The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson and I think I'm going to start A Dark Autumn by Kristopher Rufty next. 
2. How many books have you read so far?
 
Only one. 

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Psycho by Robert Bloch

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Yes, my boyfriend has interrupted me quite a few times. Usually I just give in and listen to whatever he's talking about or end up watching part of whatever show he's watching on TV. I think I'm going to have to sequester myself in my bedroom for the second half of the read-a-thon.

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?


How little reading I've been able to get done. I need to stop getting distracted! 


My boyfriend made his delicious homemade pizza for dinner,
so I guess I can forgive him for being irritating. 

No comments: