I did it! I can't believe I made it to the end! I could barely keep my eyes open from 3:00 am until now, but I somehow managed to push through it. I started reading Sixty-Five Stirrup Iron Road at 6:00 am on my Kindle and turned on text-to-speech because my eyes were getting blurry.
I didn't quite make it to my goal of four books, but I came pretty close - three, plus 30% of Sixty-Five Stirrup Iron Road. I also didn't read as many pages as I did during the other Read-a-Thons I participated in, but that's just because I had to do a few things in the morning and didn't really start reading until around 1:00 pm.
Total pages read: 551
End of Event Meme
- Which hour was most daunting for you? I became really tired around 3:00 am.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? From the books I read today, Voracious by Wrath James White was pretty awesome. I also recommend The Castle of Los Angeles by Lisa Morton, Die, You Bastard! Die! by Jan Kozlowski, Suffer the Flesh by Monica J. O'Rourke and Population Zero by Wrath James White.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope. I thought everything was great!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I thought the mini-challenges were fun - a nice break from reading.
- How many books did you read? Three
- What were the names of the books you read? Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King, Voracious by Wrath James White, The Woods are Dark by Richard Laymon
- Which book did you enjoy most? Voracious by Wrath James White
- Which did you enjoy least? Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Very likely. I would be a reader again.