Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dewey's Read-a-Thon Update #2

I finished Voracious by Wrath James White. Is it wrong that reading this made me hungry? I was munching on Tostitos and salsa while reading about a man craving his baby's flesh - "tender, succulent new-baby meat."

This was a pretty awesome read. Gory and entertaining, with a really interesting premise: a new weight loss treatment turns people into cannibals. There's more to it than that, but I need to get back to reading. If that brief description interests you, check it out.

Books finished: Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King, Voracious by Wrath James White

Total pages read: 261

Snacks consumed: Tostitos and salsa, Mini Eggs, a mini Mr. Munchy chocolate bunny

Next up: The Woods are Dark by Richard Laymon

Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?

I just finished Voracious by Wrath James White and I'm going to read The Woods are Dark by Richard Laymon next.

2. How many books have you read so far?

Two: Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King and Voracious by Wrath James White.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

I haven't read the two books I said I was most looking forward to in the introductory questionnaire (Sixty-Five Stirrup Iron Road and The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line: Veronica Mars #1), so still those two, I suppose.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

I had a couple of things to do this morning that I couldn't get out of, but I already had the day off from work.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Since my boyfriend got home from work, he's been pretty distracting. I keep shushing him, but I might read in my bedroom (instead of in the living room) if he doesn't stop talking.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

How little I've been able to actually read. I need to stop getting distracted.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

I'm going to steal someone's idea that I saw in the comments on a post on the Dewey's Read-a-Thon website and say there should be a Goodreads group for the Dewey's Read-a-Thon. I think that's a great idea.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Read more! Maybe sequester myself in my room or something so I don't get distracted. And make sure that I clear the whole day.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

I'm feeling OK at the moment.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? 

Read short books, so that it feels like you've accomplished more than you actually have. I've finished two books, but they were only a combined 261 pages. 

1 comment:

Linda said...

My husband kept talking to me so I handed him a book. Now he's reading with me. Hope you get some more reading in.