I've also sampled quite a few of my snacks: Timbits, spinach dip and chocolate milk.
Mini-Challenge: Our Bookish Childhoods
Top 5 Bookish Childhood Moments
- The first chapter book I ever read by myself was Help! I'm a Prisoner in the Library! by Eth Clifford. I was in second grade and I remember being proud and thinking it was a huge accomplishment when I finished it.
- Someone told me to read That Scatterbrain Booky by Bernice Thurman Hunter, and it became my favourite book and I didn't realize it had two sequels until I saw them at a yard sale. I was so excited, I bought them and started reading immediately.
- I always looked forward to Santa giving me books on Christmas. I remember getting a whole box of Christopher Pike books one year and a book in The Face on the Milk Carton series by Caroline B. Cooney, which I loved.
- Fighting over Goosebumps books at the small school library with other kids in my class (they only had about 5).
- Going shopping with my grandma in the city (I grew up in the middle of nowhere) and getting to choose one store to go to and always choosing Chapters. My parents would give me some money and I would get to buy one book.