Wednesday, July 21, 2010
I'm a Versatile Blogger!
First of all, I would like to thank everyone for your kind words and support at this difficult time. It means a lot to me.
Thanks so much to Jinx from Totally Jinxed and Petunia Scareum from Deadly Serious for awarding me with The Versatile Blogger Award. They have great blogs and you should check them out. EDIT: I have also been honored with this award by the Stoned Horror Critic. Be sure to check out this awesome blog too. EDIT#2: I have also been given this prestigious award by The Girl Who Loves Horror. Don't forget to stop by her blog! Thanks a lot everyone!
The rules attached to this award are:
• Thank the person who gave it to you.
• Share 7 things about yourself.
• Pass the award along to 15 who you have recently discovered and who you think fantastic for whatever reason.
• Contact the blogs you picked and let them know about the award.
7 Things About Myself
1. I went to college for Print Journalism and graduated with honors. But I can't seem to find a job in that field and started this blog so my training wouldn't go to waste. In one class, I had to make an e-zine and chose to do mine on horror, which sort of kick-started this blog. I even used my Editor's Note for the "About Me" part of my blog.
2. I did a one-month internship at Horror-Web (as part of the Journalism program), where I got to attend the World Horror Convention 2007. While I was there I got to attend the Stoker Awards ceremony , a Brian Lumley reading, an interesting panel about women horror authors, and met a bunch of cool writers like Brian Keene and Michael Laimo.
3. Little Miss Zombie's name and logo is an homage to the Little Miss books, which I loved when I was younger. I have at least five t-shirts with a different Little Miss character on them (Little Miss Bossy, Little Miss Sunshine, etc.). And I thought a Little Miss Zombie would be neat (there actually is a Little Miss Scary).
4. I'm the Signing Specialist at a Sears store, which means I make those signs that say "50% off such and such a product".
5. I have a cat named Betty who survived a fall off a sixth story balcony.
6. I grew up on a farm in rural Ontario, outside of a small village with a population of 500, which no one has heard of, called Neustadt. If you're a Canadian you should know because it's the birthplace of John Diefenbaker. But no one does, so when I attempt to explain where I'm from I just say it's near Walkerton, you know, the E.Coli place.
7. A few years ago I cut my hand opening a can of soup and it required four stitches. Those cans of soup are death traps....
15 Awesome Blogs
The Horror Section
The Scream Queen
Monster Chiller Horror Theatre
Tower Farm Reviews
The Kid in the Hall
House of Self-Indulgence
Direct to Video Connoisseur
Wag the Fox
Dead in the South
The Black Glove
I had such a hard time choosing 15 blogs. I read so many that I could easily have chosen 50 (I'm glued to my computer whenever I'm at home). So I'm sorry if I didn't include your blog, but if I'm following your blog, that means I'm reading and enjoying it.