Monday, November 2, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW: Drag Me to Hell

This week I'm going to review some movies I FINALLY just got around to seeing. First up, Drag Me to Hell. I was worried that I would be disappointed, but Sam Raimi never disappoints (yes, I did like Spiderman 3).

When Christine Brown (Alison Lohman) denies an old gypsy a third extension on her mortgage payment, resulting in her eviction, the gypsy puts a curse on her. It also features Justin Long as Christine's boyfriend.

Drag Me to Hell was a lot of fun. It was creepy and made me jump, but had a sense of humour at the same time, like Evil Dead 2. And it was so fast-paced. There was always something creepy onscreen, so I wasn't bored for a second.

I loved the characters, especially Christine. She had such an interesting back-story as a former chubby country girl. I liked how her character evolves from a sweet, quiet girl to an ass-kicking woman who will do anything to get rid of the curse by the end of the film. And I love Justin Long in anything he does.

There's a lot of gore in this film - well I wouldn't say gore exactly, creepy things that make you squirm. Like nosebleeds and cake eyeballs.

Drag Me to Hell was an amazing film, definitely the best film I've seen in awhile. I can't believe it took me so long to see it.

Rating: 5/5

No comments: