Thursday, July 16, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW: Solstice

When I saw this movie at the library, I didn't hesitate to check it out. It's from the director of The Blair Witch Project. That didn't entice me at all since I'm not a big fan of The Blair Witch Project. But Amanda Seyfried (Veronica Mars) and Hilarie Burton (One Tree Hill) are in it and I think they're both awesome actresses. Too bad this movie wasn't.

The main character's twin sister killed herself six months earlier, but the gang still went on their usual summer getaway to the bayou to celebrate the Summer Solstice. Then creepy things start to happen and it seems like the twin's ghost has come to party after all.

Solstice sucked. I can't think of any other way to put it. I think it might possibly be the most boring movie I have ever seen. Nothing happens until an hour and 15 minutes in. I timed it. Unless you count having a cut on your hand and then it disappearing a second later something happening. I do not.

I don't want to waste my time talking about how much Solstice sucked. I recommend that you steer clear of this movie.

Rating: 1/5

No comments: