Saturday, October 25, 2008

Online Horror Book Club

I just have to write something about this because I am so upset. I joined an online horror book club which I found on my local library's website. Every week they send me the first few chapters of a horror book. I love it because I can find out about authors I've never heard of, and I can see if a book I'm interested in is good or not. Usually I get hooked and have to buy the book to see what happens. A sample of some of the excerpts I've been sent are Slither by Edward Lee, Breeding Ground by Sarah Pinborough, and Nightmare at 20,000 Feet by Richard Matheson.

I've been getting these e-mailed to me for two years and now they're changing it. Now it's going to be a Thriller Book Club. I don't read thrillers, I read horror novels. I don't understand why they're changing it. Can't they have two separate book clubs? I guess people really aren't reading that much horror anymore. I wrote in the past about how there wasn't anything horror related at Word on the Street. I'm so disappointed, I loved that book club.

No comments: