Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Halloween Haul

Every year I can't wait to see the Halloween displays go up. Especially at stores like HMV. I'm addicted to buying horror DVDs. And every store that sells them sets up displays of cheap ones that they get in for Halloween. This is the only time of the year they have an abundance of horror films. In the past I've bought such films as Friday the 13th, Sleepaway Camp, and Pin for only $5 each. This year I went a little overboard and bought a bunch of DVDs. Here's my Halloween haul...so far...

C.H.U.D.

Acquired at: HMV
Cost: $5.99

I just reviewed this film last week. I watched this as soon as I brought it home. It was just as good as I remembered.




My Bloody Valentine/ April Fool's Day

Acquired at: HMV
Cost: $8.99

Two for the price of one! I haven't seen either of these cult classics yet, but I can't wait to watch them. Especially before the 3-D remake of My Bloody Valentine comes out.



Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers

Acquired at: HMV
Cost: $5.99

I loved the first Sleepaway Camp, so hopefully the sequel will also be good.





Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland

Acquired at: HMV
Cost: $5.99

I rented this movie a long time ago when I went camping. The campground had a bunch of camping-related horror films, but I just remember this one and Campfire Tales. I remember hating it, but I think that now I've seen the original I'll appreciate this one more.


A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

Acquired at: HMV
Cost: $5.99

This was the only Nightmare On Elm Street movie I didn't have. I've heard that this one is supposed to be one of the better sequels. It does have Nancy (Heather Langenkamp) in it.


Tamara

Acquired at: Zellers
Cost: $2.99

I watched this a couple years ago and remember enjoying it.





Milo

Acquired at: Zellers
Cost: $2.99

The tagline made me buy this movie. "Remember, Jason and Freddy were kids once too." I do love killer kid movies...




Undead

Acquired at: Zellers
Cost: $2.99

Sounds like an okay zombie flick.





The Butcher

Acquired at: Zellers
Cost: $2.99

Hm another car-breaks-down-while-young-beautiful-people-are-on-a-road-
trip-and-the-house-they-go-for-help-houses-a-killer slasher movie. It could be good...



Leprechaun 4

Acquired at: Zellers
Cost: $2.99

I remember watching this when I was younger. This and Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood are the only Leprechaun movies I've seen. I remember thinking this movie was creepy, but I would've been 10 at the time, so that might have something to do with it.



The Off Season

Acquired at: Zellers
Cost: $2.99

Looks like an all right ghost movie. The cover claims "The most haunting film since The Shining." I doubt it.




Madhouse

Acquired at: Zellers
Cost: $2.99

A horror film that takes place in a mental institution? Sounds like good watching.



Looks like I'll have a lot of movies to review.

No comments: