Thursday, May 20, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: Wages of Sin (Horror Collector's Set Part 4)

The last film left on the Horror Collector's Set, Wages of Sin, makes me think if something this awful could get made, I could make a movie too. I could just write down gibberish and call it a script, grab my friends - or even random people off the street - get my camcorder and there's Wages of Sin 2. I really wish I didn't waste my time watching this garbage.

A young woman who was adopted inherits a farmhouse from her biological family of whom she knows nothing about. But she quickly learns they were bible thumping psychos and now haunt the house.

Wages of Sin features an outstanding number of cliches. There's the creepy farmhouse, an Ouija board, ghosts, possessions, crazy Christians who punish "sinners," etc. And these cliches equal zero scares and zero gore.

I loathed the characters, especially the main couple's two friends. If I had to spend a weekend with them, I would go insane. They were ridiculously immature compared to the other couple, especially the blonde guy, who was also the dumbest character I've ever seen. Oh how I wanted him to die.

Remember how much I hated Bloody Mary? Well, Wages of Sin is much worse. Probably the worst movie I've ever seen. Trust me on this, never watch it.

To sum up what I thought of this Horror Collector's Set, Memory was the only descent film of the four, and that's probably not even worth $5. I would pass on this DVD, even though it's a ridiculous price...it's that cheap for a reason.

Rating: 1/5

3 comments:

Jessica Penot said...

Well, one good thing about this movie,,,,, your review made me laugh. I think I'll avoid the movie, however.

Melissa Helwig said...

Haha, yeah at least one good thing came out of it. Good idea, definitely avoid it.

Adam L. said...

I agree with your review, and I was one of the writers on the film. I'm only sorry you had to watch it all the way through to the end.