Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Movie Schedule











Since we have no Scream channel in Canada anymore, and virtually no horror movies playing this week, I've come up with my own movie schedule. I've created a theme for every day of the week related to Halloween. Since I have to work, I will probably only have time to watch two movies a day. Except today and Saturday, when I will watch at least five movies. I probably won't review all of them this week, but I will eventually. I left Wednesday blank because I haven't decided what to watch yet.


Haunted House Sunday

I just bought all of these DVDs and really want to see them, which is why I included them. I've seen bits and pieces of them when I was younger but I barely remember. I might watch the original and the remake if I have time, but I've seen both films quite a few times so it's not a big deal if I don't.

Amityville II: The Possession - I heard that this one is the best of the series.
Amityville 3-D - This one features Meg Ryan.
Amityville 4: The Evil Escapes - The ghosts from the Amityville house haunt a lamp!
Amityville: It's About Time - This time a clock!
Amityville: The Next Generation - And now a mirror!


Candy Monday

I'm kind of cheating here because Candyman doesn't have anything to do with candy, I just like to watch Candyman every year for Halloween. But candy is the foundation of Halloween and I thought I should include it somehow. Trick 'r Treat had a creepy scene involving candy, if you're looking for one. I would've included Candyman 3: Day of the Dead, but I couldn't find it at any stores.

Candyman - One of my favourite horror movies.
Candyman 2: Farewell to the Flesh - From what I remember this was an okay follow-up. And it stars Kelly Rowan (from The O.C.)!

Creepy Crawly Tuesday

I'm buying Night of the Creeps when it's FINALLY released to DVD on Tuesday and I'm going to watch it immediately. So I came up with Creepy Crawly Tuesday to go with it.

Night of the Creeps - This is one of the best horror movies I've ever seen.
Creepshow - I chose this one for my favourite segment, They're Creeping Up On You! And the name is fitting too.
Creepers - Also known as Phenomena, this Dario Argento film stars Jennifer Connelly as a girl who loves bugs.


Pumpkin Thursday

Nothing says Halloween more than a pumpkin. These films were the only ones I could think of that had anything to do with pumpkins.

Pumpkinhead - Pretty creepy film.
Halloween III - I chose this one for the jack-o'-lantern masks. I wanted to watch this Halloween film on a different day from the others because it has nothing to do with Michael Myers but is pretty creepy when you don't associate it with the Halloween series.

Devil's Night (Friday)

For Devil's Night, instead of egging houses, I'm going to stay at home and watch movies featuring the Devil (or demons).

Satan's Little Helper - Awesome film about a kid who helps Satan to kill people on Halloween.
Night of the Demons - Teens have a party at an abandoned funeral home on Halloween. Fun flick.


Halloween (Saturday)
Instead of dressing up or going to a party, I'm just going to stay at home and watch horror movies while eating candy (I'm boring, I know).
Ernest Scared Stupid - This movie terrified me as a kid. Now it makes me laugh.
Halloween - I don't really need to explain this one.

Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers - This is the only Halloween film I haven't seen and I just bought the DVD. It stars Paul Rudd!
Halloween: H20 - I love this movie. It stars Josh Hartnett!


I will probably watch more movies than that on Halloween, but I'll just choose whatever I feel like watching that night.

No comments: