Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Acquisitions

I'm on vacation again, going camping tomorrow. Right now I'm at my parents' house. Today I went to the Keady Market, which is a flea/produce/livestock market, 20 minutes from my parents' house. They had at least five different used movie vendors, so I ended up buying a bunch of movies. Mostly VHS because they were only $1.00 each. One of them is still in its packaging and still has the price sticker on it: $13.99. I can barely remember when VHS movies cost that much. Here's what I got:

Clownhouse

This is one of the only two DVDs I bought today. It was only $4.00. Clownhouse is the infamous movie directed by Victor Salva (Jeepers Creepers). It's infamous because Salva was convicted for molesting the 12-year-old lead in the film. But I've heard such good things about this film and I'm going to put all the scandal aside and try to enjoy it. This DVD is on eBay for $70, so I'm pretty psyched I got it for $4.

Santa's Slay

This is the other DVD I bought. It was $6.99. My brother pointed it out to me because he knows I like horror and it has Bill Goldberg in it and he used to be really into wrestling. I saw part of this on T.V and thought it was pretty funny. And I love humourous horror - and holiday horror. The rest of the movies I got on VHS for $1.00.


Jason Goes to Hell

I think this is the only Friday the 13th movie I don't already have.

Campfire Tales

I rented this ages ago when I was camping and remember liking it. I can't wait to watch it again when I go camping this week. It has a lot of people in it before they became famous like Amy Smart and James Marsden.


Witchboard 2

I have the first one and the third one and now I'll finally get to see the second one.

Ghoulies III & Ghoulies IV

I just bought the first and second ones last week and now I'll have them all.

Sometimes They Come Back For More

I have the first two, but I haven't seen this one yet. Sometimes They Come Back is one of my favourite Stephen King adaptions, so hopefully this one will be good as well.

The Evil Dead 2

I've been looking for this movie on VHS since I already have The Evil Dead and Army of Darkness on VHS also. I try to have all of one series on either DVD or VHS, but that rarely happens. For example, I have all of the Halloween series on VHS, except for Halloween: H20. It kind of sucks because I have a separate shelf for VHS and DVDs, so I can't put them all together.

The Clown Murders

A horror movie with John Candy!

The Hitcher

I've only seen the crap remake of this, but I still want to see the original.

Honeymoon

I couldn't find a picture of this and forgot the cord for my camera at home. The tagline is what intrigued me about this movie: This year in New York, 76,336 women will get married...282 will be murdered.

I think this post is getting too long so I'll just list the rest:

Pumpkinhead

Poltergeist II

Poltergeist III

Demons 2

Return to Horror High

Slaughter High

Nightbreed

No comments: