Sunday, October 23, 2016
Total pages read: 853
End of Event Survey
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
6:00 am, when I fell asleep.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a reader engaged for next year?
Children of the Dark by Jonathan Janz, Linden Manor by Catherine Cavendish, Incubus by Ray Russell
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the readathon next season?
No, I think everything was great!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year's readathon?
There was lots of activity on Twitter.
5. How many books did you read?
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Trick or Treat by Richie Tankersley Cusick, Allhallow's Eve by Richard Laymon, The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane by Laird Koenig and Trick 'r Treat: Days of the Dead by Michael Dougherty
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane by Laird Koenig
8. Which book did you enjoy least?
Trick or Treat by Richie Tankersley Cusick
9. How likely are you to participate in the readathon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will definitely be participating as a reader in April.
|Mmm...pumpkin chai tea|
I'm still awake...for now. I'm getting pretty tired and can barely keep my eyes open. I just finished my third book, The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane by Laird Koenig. It was a really good book, lots of creepy moments. I haven't seen the film adaptation yet because I wanted to read the book first, so now I can watch it.
Next I plan on reading All Hallow's Dead by Bryan Smith. If I get too tired I might switch to the graphic novel in my pile, Trick 'r Treat: Days of the Dead by Michael Dougherty.
Saturday, October 22, 2016
We're just after the halfway point and I've only read two books so far: Trick or Treat by Richie Tankersley Cusick and Allhallow's Eve by Richard Laymon.
I didn't enjoy Trick or Treat much because I thought it had too many horror cliches, but it is a young adult novel and intended for younger audience, so maybe I'm being too hard on it.
Allhallow's Eve was a bit of a disappointment. Although it's not terrible, it's nowhere near as suspenseful as other Richard Laymon books I've read.
1. What book are you reading right now?
I just finished Allhallow's Eve by Richard Laymon and I'm going to read The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane by Laird Koenig next.
2. How many books have you read so far?
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the readathon?
Trick 'r Treat: Days of the Dead by Michael Dougherty - since it's a graphic novel, I'm saving it for when I'm too tired to read.
4. Have you have many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Not really, my boyfriend was at work for most of the day and usually he's my biggest distraction.
5. What surprises you most about the readathon, so far?
How fast the time is going. I can't believe it's already 9:00!
|The delicious dinner my boyfriend ordered: a panzerotti and a Dr. Pepper|
It's that time again! Today is Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon and I will again attempt to read for 24 hours and try to get some books crossed off my TBR mountain.
What I plan on reading:
What I plan on reading:
- Allhallow's Eve by Richard Laymon
- All Hallow's Dead by Bryan Smith
- The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane by Larid Koenig
- Trick or Treat by Richie Tankersley Cusick
- Halloween Night by R.L. Stine
- Halloween Night II by R.L. Stine
- The Haunted Forest Tour by James A. Moore and Jeff Strand
- Trick 'r Treat: Days of the Dead by Michael Dougherty
Today I chose books that take place on Halloween because I've been trying to read Halloween themed books this month, but only managed to read one so far.
What I plan on eating:
- Chex pumpkin pie crunch
- Halloween candy
- Bagel Bites
- Tostitos and mango salsa
- Iced coffee with pumpkin spice syrup
1. What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2. Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Probably Trick 'r Treat: Days of the Dead by Michael Dougherty because I bought it on my birthday earlier this week to read today and I love the movie, Trick 'r Treat.
3. Which snack are you most looking forward to?
The pumpkin pie Chex mix that I made for today. It's just Cinnamon Chex with butter, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice, but it tastes so good!
4. Tell us a little something about yourself!
My boyfriend's cat, Timmy, was diagnosed with diabetes earlier this week and hasn't been eating, so I'll have to keep an eye on him today.
5. If you participated in the last readathon, what's the one thing you'll do differently today?
I want to read more than I did last time.